Library Assistant / Programmer
This is a 20 hour per week position which will require a flexible schedule, including working some nights and weekends. Hourly pay is $8.55 per hour.
Benefits are: membership in Ohio Public Employee Retirement system and one paid holiday.
Under the general supervision of the Library Director, the candidate will perform clerical duties related to a wide range of customer service, including, but not limited to: circulation of materials, assisting patrons with public computers and the photocopier, collection of fines and fees, answering the telephone and being a warm and welcoming presence for our patrons. In addition, this position is expected to participate in providing programming for children and youth, including development and presentation of programs and participating in school and other off-site visits. Other duties will be assigned according to PCML’s needs and taking into account staff talent and skills.
- Associate’s degree; bachelor’s degree preferred. Consideration will be given to applicants in a degree program. Must be eligible for lawful employment in the U.S.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including evening and weekend hours
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Able to read and write effectively, including in cursive, and to use language effectively in written and oral communications
- A strong commitment to excellent customer service
- Successful completion of a background check
- Ability to foster an appreciation for the library among all ages
- Competency with social media, productivity software, digital resources and ILS
- Must be detail-oriented, able to comfortably manage change and work on several different projects at one time. Must be able to work as part of a team.
- Plans, creates, schedules, and conducts programming for various ages, either independently or as part of a team
- Circulates library materials to patrons, assists with collection maintenance, accepts payment for fines/fees, keeps statistics and other duties related to the circulation desk
- Represents PCML to the community and provides quality customer service
Please send cover letter, resume and completed application (available at www.perrycooklibrary.org) to Patricia Dollisch, Director, Perry Cook Memorial Public Library, either through e-mail (email@example.com) or USPS mail (7406 County Road 242, Mt. Gilead, Ohio 43338.) Position open until filled.